Hosting an APHA-approved event is a great way to activate local Paint-Horse enthusiasts in your area, and a great way for your regional club to raise funds if your show is well-run.
Who can have a show?
Any individual or organization or regional club may host:
- A single-judge show.
- A two-judge show.
- Or a special event.
Only recognized APHA Regional Clubs may host Paint-O-Ramas. Zone Coordinating Committees (made up of representatives from each state or regional club in the area) may host one Zone-O-Rama per year.
What do I need to do?
|Application Submitted to APHA ||Members ||Non-Members |
|90 days or more before show ||$25.00 ||$75.00 |
|60–89 days ||$100.00* ||$200.00* |
|30–59 days ||$175.00* ||$350.00* |
| || ||*Includes Late Fee |
- Verify available show dates by emailing the APHA Show Approval Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (817) 834-2742 ext. 245.
Ideally, you should start planning 1 year to 6 months ahead of your show to secure a facility and get show approval from APHA. To avoid late fees, submit your application at least 90 days prior to your desired show date.
Three Year Calendar for show week numbers for the next several years. The calendar will shift one week in 2013.
- Study the Instructions and complete the Show Application and Class List.
- Choose your judge(s) from the Approved Judges List. Judges cannot judge within 200 miles within 30 days, nor can judges officiate 2 consecutive times at the same show or set of shows. Sample judging contract.
- Hire a show secretary. Any qualified individual or professional show secretary can be hired by clubs, organizations, individuals or show committees.
- Prepare a show bill/premium list to be submitted with your application. Ensure that you have met the minimum requirements, then you can select additional classes from the Approved Classes list.
Sample Show Bill 1 Sample Show Bill 2
If your show will be offering futurity classes, you may want to complete the Futurity Form as well.
- Submit your completed application and appropriate fees to:
Attn: Linda Knowles
PO Box 961023
Fort Worth, TX 76161
Once your show has been approved, the secretary will be notified and sent additional information regarding approval and show results requirements.
Where can I get more information?
Show management can access a wealth of membership and eligibility information on the Show Management Services website.
For more detailed information about APHA-approved shows, please visit apha.com/showing or contact the Performance Department at 817-222-8455.